sat out on Wednesday with a sprained left thu | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Apr 16
FRISCO, Texas -- If Dak Prescott hears the chatter about Tony Romo after his worst game as a pro, Dallas rookie quarterback isnt letting on. Under Armour Outlet .And if Jerry Jones is irritating franchise icon Troy Aikman by giving the Romo talk more life with comments on his radio show, the Dallas owner doesnt really care.He might have had sensitivity but Dak doesnt, Jones said Thursday , referring to the quarterback who won him three Super Bowls in the 1990s.Im serious. I dont mean that negatively. I appreciate him saying it. I respect him. But Dak Prescotts No. 1 quality is that he doesnt get distracted.The 23-year-old who assumed Romos job and kept it with an 11-game winning streak after the 36-year-old hurt his back again in the preseason was right on cue a day earlier.Everybody has the option to listen to it, so I just dont listen, Prescott said.And it doesnt matter if those close to him are listening.My family definitely knows not to come to me with he said, she said, Prescott said. And the teammates know, not just me, but throughout this locker room, we dont pay attention to that. Yall get paid to do that. We dont.After Prescott had a season-low 45.4 passer rating in a 10-7 loss to the New York Giants that ended the 11-game run, Jones was asked what it would take for the Cowboys to consider replacing his new starter with Romo.Dallas 10-year starter was relegated to the backup role when he returned from his fourth back injury in less than four years.I dont have a definition for it, but youll know it when you see it, Jones said on his radio show. Its kind of like a definition I heard one time of another issue trying to define a negative topic, and they said, `I dont know how to say it, but its just something that when you see it, youll know its there. Well see it.Two days later, Aikman strongly criticized his former boss in his weekly radio appearance.Im just really dumbfounded by the comments, and not only the first time, but why they continue, Aikman said. I dont understand why you would talk.Coach Jason Garrett follows the Aikman model, repeatedly declining to address the Romo issue other than reiterating that Prescott is the starter.We talk about the importance of focus with our team, right from the start, Garrett said. Its an important word for everybody -- coaches and players alike. Thats not new this year, thats not new this week.The two lowest totals in passing yardage for Prescott have come in the past two games, and he looked uncomfortable on a sub-freezing night at the Giants.He doubled his interception total this season by throwing two for the first time.Garrett said after the game he never considered going to Romo, but that didnt stop the topic during the week. Not that Prescott, a fourth-round pick who started training camp as the No. 3 quarterback, was surprised.The noise didnt just start, Prescott said. Its the Dallas Cowboys. Theres been noise from the time Ive been drafted, so nothing really changes. So I dont think they need to come in and reinstate their confidence in me or do anything like that.The Cowboys havent been surprised by Prescotts reaction.Thats there, and he knows its there, executive vice president of Stephen Jones said. When you have a Pro Bowl quarterback who a lot of people think is one of the best ones in the NFL sitting there, its going to happen.Some people are going to say, `Well, youve got a guy like that sitting there, should you consider that if you start to have a bump in the road.Once Jerry Jones said it, he wasnt concerned about affecting the psyche of his young quarterback.The last thing Im worried about is the fragileness of our team, Jerry Jones said. Nobody is fragile. We completely support Dak as our starting quarterback. Unequivocally. Thats that.The owner just had a roundabout way of saying it earlier in the week.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Under Armour Clearance Sale . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Under Armour Shoe Clearance Sale . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. http://www.stephencurryshoe.com/ . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. HOUSTON -- The Boston Red Sox keep finding ways to come back. A night after rallying from a five-run deficit to win, the Red Sox overcame a three-run deficit Wednesday, using Stephen Drews three-run homer in the ninth to beat the Houston Astros 7-5. It was the sixth time in its last seven victories that Boston has come from behind to win. "This team has done it all year," Drew said. "Everybody has fun, but everybody knows their role. I think that makes it easier on guys. Everybody has been clutch in late innings. That is what good teams do." The home run was Drews first go-ahead homer in the ninth inning or later since 2008. Drew, who came off the disabled list on July 20, also hit a game-ending single to beat Seattle on July 31. "He was starting to get in the flow of things once he came back and got some at-bats under his belt after the DL stint after the All-Star break," Boston manager John Farrell said. "To have that kind of bat at shortstop down in the bottom third of the order, it lengthen things out. Hes swinging with a lot of confidence right now against both lefties and righties." David Ortiz had four hits and Jonny Gomes also hit a home run for the Red Sox, who have won seven of their last nine games. Robbie Grossman had two hits, including a homer, and Jason Castro added two hits for the Astros, who have dropped six of seven and are a major league-worst 37-76. Ortiz led off the ninth with a single and pinch-runner Drake Britton moved to second on Gomes one-out walk before Drews home run to right, his ninth of the season, off Josh Fields (1-2). "I got ahead of him," Fields said. "I threw a pretty good changeup and tried to come back with a breaking ball and left it up. Shouldve buried it down a bit more and it sort of just came out of my hand, and he put a good swing on it." Houstons bullpen has 18 blown saves this season. "Its one of those things where you sit there and ask yourself, Could we do something different?" Houston manager Bo Porter said. "You put guys in situations where you feel they have the best opportunity to be successful, and tonight is another example of us just not getting it done." Junichi Tazawa (5-3) threw two scoreless innings for the win. Koji Uehara pitched the ninth for his 11th save. Grossman tied it at 2 in the third with a two-run shot to right. He extended his hitting streak to 10 games with his third home run of the season and second in two games. Jose Altuve gave the Astros their firrst lead of the night in the sixth at 3-2 with a run-scoring single off a diving Brock Holts glove, scoring Grossman, who had led off the inning with a double and moved to third on a wild pitch. Under Armour Scorpio Chrome. . Altuve scored on Castros double down the right-field line, sliding in ahead of Jarrod Saltalamacchias tag at the plate. Castro, who had moved to third on the throw home, scored on Marc Krauss sacrifice fly to make it 5-2. Houston got out of a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the sixth, as Wesley Wright stuck out Jacoby Ellsbury before Josh Zeid struck out Shane Victorino on a checked swing to end the inning. But Gomes started the comeback with a two-run home run in the seventh off Zeid. Victorino was ejected by third base umpire Brian Knight with one out in the seventh after running out of the dugout to argue a call. Victorino refused comment after the game. Ryan Dempster allowed five runs and seven hits while striking out seven over six innings. Dempster has allowed 12 runs in 12 innings over his last two starts. "Just a few pitches ended up being a two-run home run and a big double," Dempster said. "I threw a lot of really good, quality pitches tonight. Thats probably the best Ive felt in a while. Unfortunately, I did not have much to show for it, but we got a win, so thats the most important thing." Holt gave the Red Sox a 1-0 lead in the second on a groundout, scoring Gomes. L.J. Hoes kept the Red Sox from scoring more, making a diving catch on Ellsburys drive on the warning track to end the inning. Jarred Cosart had his fourth straight no-decision after allowing two runs and seven hits with five walks and three strikeouts in five-plus innings. Porter was ejected in the ninth by home plate umpire Mark Carlson for arguing a foul tip third strike call. NOTES: Houston selected the contract of RHP Jorge De Leon from Triple-A Oklahoma City and optioned RHP Jose Cisnero there on Wednesday. The 25-year-old De Leon has not allowed a run in five relief outings over 7 1-3 innings for Oklahoma City. ... Houston DH Chris Carter had a second straight game off on Wednesday. Porter said he wanted to give Carter some time to work in the cage and try to figure out a way to get back on track after hitting .107 over his last 10 games. Porter said Carter will be back in the lineup on Friday. ... Houston SS Jonathan Villar sat out on Wednesday with a sprained left thumb. Porter said hell have an MRI on Wednesday and he would know more about his availability after that. Wholesale Authentic JerseysWholesale NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticCheap Jerseys 2018Cheap Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Jerseys 2020Jerseys From China ' ' '
Share: