when called on. Just like always | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
corse178
corse178 Oct 12
DEL MAR, Calif. ArDarius Stewart Womens Jersey . -- Free Rose won the $250,000 Del Mar Derby for 3-year-olds by a half-length Sunday at Del Mar.Ridden by Norberto Arroyo Jr., Free Rose ran 1 1/8 miles on turf in 1:47.70 and paid $25.80, $12.80 and $8.60 at 11-1 odds. Trained by Richard Baltas, Free Rose went to the front in the stretch and hung on for the narrow victory in the Grade 2 race.Ralis returned $6.80 and $5.60, while Dressed in Hermes was another nose back in third and paid $8.20 to show.Blackjackcat, the 3-1 favorite, finished sixth in the 14-horse field.The victory, worth $150,000, increased Free Roses career earnings to $314,760, with four wins in 11 starts.In the $200,000 John C. Mabee Stakes for older fillies and mares, Avenge held on in the closing yards to defeat 12-1 shot Finest City by a head.Ridden by Flavien Prat, Avenge ran 1 1/8 miles on turf in 1:48.82 and paid $17.60, $10.60 and $7.60 at 7-1 odds. Trained by Richard Mandella, the 4-year-old filly took command in the upper stretch after running in a stalking second position behind pacesetter Gloryzapper in the early stages.Finest City returned $12.80 and $8.60, while Elektrum was another half-length back in third and paid $4.60.Sobradora Inc, the 2-1 favorite, and Havanna Belle finished in a dead heat for fifth.The victory, worth $120,000, increased Avenges career earnings to $291,996, with five wins in 11 starts.Rafael Bejarano rode three winners on the card to close within one of leading rider Prat, who has 37 winners going into the last day of the summer meet on Monday. Marcus Maye Jersey .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Jamal Adams Womens Jersey . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. http:///...s-Maye-Letes-Jersey/ .  The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. PITTSBURGH -- DeAngelo Williams isnt obsessed with his numbers. The Pittsburgh Steelers running back isnt really keeping track of them anyway, though if hes being honest hes getting a little tired of his age coming up in nearly every conversation.Yes, Williams is aware hes 33, a time when backs are either retired or rapidly heading in that direction one carry at a time. And yet there Williams was, churning out a career-high 32 carries for 94 yards and adding four receptions for another 38 and a touchdown in a 24-16 win over the Bengals on Sunday.Somebody said in the locker room, `Youre either old or you are good, which one are you? Williams said. And I was like, `I dont know.By all accounts, Williams seems to be both.While the yards didnt come as easily in the rain at Heinz Field as they did last Monday in a romp over Washington, it hardly mattered. Williams found enough room to keep the chains moving, the Cincinnati offense off the field, and the Steelers unbeaten. Who cares if his yards per carry (a modest 2.9) wont exactly have fantasy football owners rubbing their hands with glee?Last Williams checked, he dealt in reality. And the reality is Williams is doing more than serving as a caretaker while LeVeon Bell serves his three-game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. He is thriving.Ill take a 3.0 (average) in a win any day as opposed to a 7.0 in a loss, Williams said.Williams also went over 10,000 yards from scrimmage on his career, the 13th active player to reach that plateau. Pardon him, however, if he doesnt get too worked up over it.Its yards man, he said. I am hunting one thing and one thing only, and its a Super Bowl. The 10,000 yards up until this point havent translated into a Super Bowl, so it means nothing to me.Maybe, but the 132 combined yards he piled up against Cincinnati meant plenty to the Steelers. It kept Pittsburgh afloat on a day quarterbaack Ben Roethlisberger wasnt his normally crisp self. Jamal Adams Jets Jersey. It also served notice that while the years next to Williams name are climbing, the miles still remain relatively low.Williams is well aware one of the reasons hes still around is thanks to his nine seasons in Carolina, where he split carries with teammates, namely Jonathan Stewart. It worked for the Panthers. Theres every reason to think it may work for the Steelers when Bell returns in Week 4. Just dont expect Williams to start clamoring for it.Sure Williams believes hes good at his job. Its just that Bell is probably better.The thing I wanted to do when I got here, is when Bell went off the field, not to take any pressure off the defense, Williams said. But Bell is so dynamic when he plays the game I dont want him to come off the field.They do provide a study in contrast. While Bell will patiently wait for the blocks ahead of him to develop -- even occasionally placing one of his hands on the back of a lineman -- Williams takes a more direct approach. Whenever he met with resistance on Sunday, he lowered his head or his shoulders (or both) and tried to make room on his own.Hes also made an impact in the passing game. His touchdown grab on Sunday was his first since 2013, but also his 10th reception of the season. In 18 games with the Steelers Williams already has 50 catches. Thats nearly as many as he had from 2011-14 combined.Williams will get one more chance next week in Philadelphia before Bells familiar No. 26 is cleared to return. And Williams will cede the spot atop the depth chart to one of the leagues most versatile players. Hell still be plenty ready, however, when called on. Just like always.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: